Thursday 24 March 2011

I'm back...

Well it's been quite a few months since I have blogged, and I have been a busy bee.  There's been Valentine's day, Rolex watches, kids birthdays and much more. 

So in the New Year I was looking for way to promote my cakes.  So I came up with the idea to take some samples down to my hairdressers.  I took orders for Valentines day cupcakes with a personalise message, in a box of four.  The flavours on offer were vanilla and red velvet.  I couldn't believe it when I got five orders on the spot, and I ended up getting 10 or so orders in all. 

The following Monday I got a call from a lady who was in the salon when I had come in with the samples.  She works at a local college and they were having a Valentines event for the students.  She wanted a quote for 250 cupcakes!!!  Yes I know, I couldn't believe it either.  I offered them five flavours, lemon meringue, Victoria sponge, chocolate orange, red velvet and white chocolate and raspberry.  They ordered four dozen of each flavour.  They were so pleased that they said I could expect some repeat business!!

After Valentine's day I got orders from 3 of the girls in the salon, a birthday cake for a six year old, a Rolex watch cake and a baby shower cake.  Pictures to follow.

I've also got some new flavours in my menu. My brother loves Oreo cookies and has been bugging me to make an Oreo cookie cupcake.  I've also found a fabulous recipe for carrot cupcakes, which I made for a friends birthday.  The final flavour is white chocolate and raspberry which is another favourite of my brother's!  I have to be nice to him as he does some excellent marketing for me!!!

So pictures and descriptions to follow...watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...